Item # 050
Title: WW1 3 PLACE RIBBON BAR
Description: A 3 place ribbon bar, most likely a 1920's to 1940's made bar. Bar represents 1912 Nicaraguan Campaign Medal, WW1 Victory and French Croix De'Guerre. Has screw posts.
Item # 033
Title: M1912 USMC EXPERT RIFLEMAN QUALIFICATION BADGE
Description: An early pinback expert rifleman badge.
Size: 1-13/16" x 1-3/4"
Item # 037
Title: WW1 2ND DIVISION AEF BOOKLET PRINTED DURING OCCUPATION OF GERMANY
Description: An original booklet on the 2nd Division, honoring their accomplishments during the Great War through General Orders, Citations and Commendations. Published in Neuwied, Germany in February of 1919 for troops of the 2nd Division and its Marines. 31 pages. An exceptional copy with light handling wear and age toning..
Size: 5-5/8" x 8-3/4"
Item # 018
Title: WW1 ERA USMC UNUSED .03 SPRINGFIELD QUALIFICATION RECORD BOOK
Description: Unused record book for the qualification with the Rifle Model 1903. Dated 1919. 144 pages.
Item # 049
Title: WW1 USMC GREEN AND RED MILITARY POLICE ARMBAND
Description: An nice green wool armband with red wool "MP" letters. This armband is finished (stitched). It has one small hole to the lower right edge. A hard to find WW1 Marine Military Police accessory.
Size: 8" wide
Item # 015
Title: WW1 USMC 6TH REGIMENT FOURRAGERE
Description: The French Fourragere was bestowed upon the 5th and 6th Regiments for their bravery at Battles such as Belleau Wood, Blanc Mont and the Argonne. This is an original example with the numeral 6 attachment. Has a couple snag spots.
Item # 013
Title: WW1 USMC HEADQUARTERS 5TH REGIMENT 2ND DIVISION MARINE HELMET
Description: An outstanding example of an original 5th Regiment helmet worn by Marines of the American Expeditionary Force in France. Displays the black painted diamond of the Headquarters Company, 5th Regiment, 4th Brigade, 2nd Division, AEF. This is the British Brodie version helmet, with the split rivet attachment for the swivel chinstrap bales. The chinstrap has rotted away, leaving the liner loose. Unquestionably authentic and how you want to see one.
Item # 017
Title: WW1 USMC 1ST BATTALION 6TH REGIMENT 2ND DIVISION WOOL INDIAN HEAD PATCH
Description: A beautifully constructed wool patch with chain stitched star and embroidered details to the Indian Head and bonnet. Uniform removed.
Item # 016
Title: WW1 USMC 2ND DIVISION 3RD ARMY OCCUPATION ENAMEL PENDANT
Description: Enameled pendant with the 2nd Division Indian Head on one side and the 3rd Army insignia. Marine units were attached to the 3rd Army during the occupation of Germany in late 1918 and 1919. Most likely a German made piece.
Size: 1-1/8" round
Item # 014
Title: WW1 USMC SOLDIERS OF THE SEA RECRUITING BOOKLET 1918
Description: . 32 pages, complete. Dated August 15th 1918.
Item # 051
Title: WW1 MEDALS - OCCUPATION OF GERMANY AND FRENCH CROIX DE'GUERRE - NEAR MINT
Description: Two near mint medals. WW1 Occupation of Germany and French Croix De'Guerre.
Item # 054
Title: WW1 USMC DRESS BLUE P1912 HAT
Description: A beautifully conditioned WW1 USMC dress blues cap. Wicker framed. Absolutely no moth damage. Full leather liner and made by HORSTMANN with stamp and date of 1915. Small split to back of headband liner where it attaches from shrinkage. If you were waiting on one that has no holes and is all original, look no further.
Size: Estimated size 7-1/4
Item # 030
Title: USMC M1912 RIFLE SHARPSHOOTER QUALIFICATION BADGE WITH 1911 BAR
Description: A wonderful early USMC Rifle Sharpshooter badge with suspension type qualification bar, retroactively awarded for the year 1911.
Size: 1-7/8" x 2-1/8"
Item # 028
Title: WW1 ERA USMC "SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN BATTALION" 15TH SEPARATE BATTALION HELMET
Description: In 1919, 700+ Marines (a Provisional Battalion) were sent into the Schleswig-Holstein areas of Germany as they voted on whether or not to stay a part of Germany or become part of Denmark. This is a little known piece of Marine Corps WW1 history. Many of these men were from the 5th Brigade of Marines stationed at Camp Pontanezen in Brest, France, and a small amount were vets of the 5th and 6th Regiments that saw combat with the 4th Brigade. Their insignia was that of a red/maroon shield and EGA. The helmet is in excellent plus condition and is sized 7-1/4. Extremely rare to find anything of this unit, as they were so small in number.
Size: 7-1/4 Liner
Item # 019
Title: USMC PISTOL EXPERT BADGE (COLT)
Description: Early version pistol expert qualification badge guns are marked "COLT". Pin back. Marked "AE CO UTICA NY".
Size: 1-1/2" wide by 1-1/8" tall
Item # 046
Title: WW1 ERA NAMED USMC GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL 1916-1920
Description: A nice WW1 era USMC Good Conduct Medal, named to Private First Class Joseph Fowee and engraved "No 10985. JOSEPH D. FOWEE. 1ST ENLISTMENT. 1916-1920." Fowee enlisted and trained at Marine Barracks Port Royal, S.C. (Paris Island) in May 1916 and would go on to serve aboard ship's detachments of the USS Texas and USS Utah and Radio Station Detachment San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Item # 048
Title: WW1 USMC OFFICER'S SERVICE P1912 BELL CROWN GREEN CAP
Description: An nice rare WW1 era USMC officer's pattern 1912 service cap. This is an earlier one, probably 1914-1915, with down-turned bill and transitional lime green color. Would rate it excellent for its age, despite the two areas of mothing near the EGA. This damage could probably be repaired with a talented person and a needle and thread. Some staining to the under inside of the bill. Inside is beautiful with a full black silk liner which is embossed with a silver "HORSTMANN" logo. The leather headband is perfect. A seldom encountered and desired piece of headgear.
Size: Estimated at size 6-7/8
Item # 027
Title: IDENTIFIED USMC 1912 NICARAGUAN CAMPAIGN MEDAL
Description: Only about 1000 of these were awarded, Rim numbered "496". Medal planchet has edge dings and medal has been around. Ribbon is most likely a replacement. This medal traces to Edward M. Howley who was with Company D, First Battalion, First Provisional Regiment, Managua, Nicaragua in late 1912. Howley also saw service in Mexico, Panama, the Philippines and in Haiti. He rated the 1915 Haitian Campaign Medal and the 1914 Mexico Campaign Medal. Location of these medals is currently unknown. Good research project.
Size: 1-1/4" x 3"
Item # 031
Title: M1912 WW1 USMC SHARPSHOOTER QUALIFICATION BADGE
Description: An early and solid Pre-WW1 to WW1 Rifle Sharpshooter badge.
Size: 1-7/8" x 2-1/8"
Item # 053
Title: WW1 FRENCH CROIX de GUERRE AND MINI FOURRAGERE
Description: A French Croix de Guerre medal, as awarded to many US Marines in France during WW1, along with the scarce mini fourragere in the colors of the Croix de Guerre.
Item # 029
Title: WW1 USMC HEADQUARTERS, 6TH REGIMENT, 2ND DIVISION AEF HELMET
Description: A wonderful example of the black painted diamond and Indian Head of the 6th Regiment Headquarters Battalion. Almost all 6th Regiment HQ helmets I have seen are without EGA for reasons unknown. Excellent+ condition.
Item # 032
Title: M1912 ENGRAVED ID'D USMC SHARPSHOOTER RIFLE QUALIFICATION BADGE
Description: An early and solid Pre-WW1 to WW1 Rifle Sharpshooter badge. Engraved on the back "JOHN P KENNEDY JULY 23 1912".
Size: 1-13/16" x 1-3/4"
Item # 038
Title: WW1 "6TH MARINES" TROUPE PAMPHLET - VAUDEVILLE PERFORMANCE LEUTESDORF, GERMANY 1919
Description: An original pamphlet for the The Sixth Marines Troupe, a vaudeville performance of different acts for troops serving on occupation duty in Germany after WW1. Pamphlet is 4 pages in length and depicts the 6th Marines 2nd Division Indian Head insignia to the front. Has a lateral fold line across the middle and edge wear. A scarce piece of WW1 ephemera.
Size: 5-1/4"" x 8-3/8"
Item # 043
Title: NAMED MEDAL GROUPING 2ND ENLISTMENT GOOD CONDUCT WW1 VICTORY MARINE CORPS LEAGUE
Description: A grouping of medals belonging to Daniel J Braman. Braman had served previously in the US Army with the 53rd Field Artillery, 28th Division during the Great War. Lot consists of his WW1 Victory medal with Meuse-Argonne bar, his engraved good conduct medal for "No. 14506. DANIEL J. BRAMAN. 2ND ENLISTMENT. 1919-1921", a 1920's Marine Corps League medal with EGA and a WW1 EXPERT RIFLEMAN shooting badge.
Item # 012
Title: USMC PISTOL EXPERT BADGE
Description: Early quality pistol expert qualification badge. Riveted construction with applied pistols. C clasp pin back.
Size: 1-1/2" wide by 1-1/8" tall
Item # 047
Title: WW1 USMC WOOL GLENGARRY OVERSEAS CAP W/ EGA
Description: An original WW1 USMC enlistedman's "Glengarry" cap. So named due to its likeness of the Scottish Glengarry Cap. This cap is in amazing shape, and rare to find in this condition without any moth damage whatsoever. Two button front, holding flaps that are held up by two metal connectors in reinforced embroidered eyelets. Hat EGA to the side has not been removed in some time.
Size: Estimated at 7, cap measures 12" across
Item # 052
Title: PRE WW1 ERA IDENTIFIED SHOOTING MEDAL LOT TO DISTINGUISHED RIFLE MARKSMAN 1911-1915
Description: A simply outstanding lot of nine named pre-WW1 shooting medals that are attributed to Claude H. Clyde, USMC. Clyde was the recipient of the Gold Distinguished Marksman Badge in 1911. I have shown for reference, photos from "The History of Marine Corps Competitive Marksmanship" where he is mentioned many times as well as various internet found material on his winning some of these medals. A super rare early set of shooting medals to a prominent Distinguished Rifle Marksman. The group includes the following medals:
1. A very early 1911 named and dated United States Marine Corps Silver Leg or Marksmanship Badge or Medal engraved "Sergeant/Claude H./Clyde/1911" with embellishments.
2. 1911 named and dated United States Marine Corps Division Bronze Leg or Marksmanship Badge or Medal - The reverse of the medal is beautifully hand engraved on four lines, "Sergeant/Claude H./Clyde/1911" with embellishments.
3. 1914 Bronze National Rifle Association (N.R.A.) Enlisted Men's Team Match Medal - The bronze medal comes on its original ribbon and top bar that reads, "SEA GIRT N.J./DIVISIONAL COMPETITION/A" on three lines. A bar that is suspended from the broach reads, "1914 SECOND PLACE". The reverse of the medal is beautifully hand engraved, "Claude H. Clyde/Marine Corps"
4. 1915 New Jersey State Rifle Association (N.J.S.R.A) Individual Rifle Match Medal - The riveted three piece silver medal has a top bar that reads, "1915/N. J. S. R. A." on two lines. It reads in an oval pattern, "INDIVIDUAL RIFLE MATCH". The medal is hallmarked on the reverse of the top bar, "THE HAYES BROS CO." The reverse of the medal is engraved, "Claude H. Clyde/Marine Corps".
5. 1915 United Service Match Medal - The two piece bronze medal has a top bar that reads, "1915/JACKSONVILLE FLA." on two lines. The reverse is engraved on four lines, "U.S.M.C./TEAM/Gunnery Sergeant/Claude H. Clyde". The medal is hallmarked on the reserve of the top bar, "THE HAYES BROS CO."
6. N.J.S.R.A. 1915 Dryden Trophy Medal - The two piece bronze medal has a top bar that reads, "N.J.S.R.A". The chocolate colored planchet reads, "DRYDEN TROPHY". The center of the medal has been hand engraved "1915". The medal is hallmarked on the reserve of the top bar, "THE HAYES BROS CO." The reverse is hand engraved, "Claude H. Clyde/Marine Corps".
7. N.E.M.R.A. 1915 The Hayden All American Trophy Medal - The two piece bronze medal has a top bar that reads, "N.E.M.R.A". The chocolate colored planchet reads, "THE HAYDEN/ALL AMERICAN TROPHY". The medal is hallmarked on the reverse of the top bar, "THE HAYES BROS CO." The reverse of the planchet is hand engraved, "Claude H. Clyde/Marine Corps".
8. 1911 National Match Team ("Dogs of War") Medal - The beautifully struck bronze medal comes on its original red, white, and blue ribbon and top bar that reads, "THE NATIONAL MATCH TEAM". The planchet reads, "NATIONAL TROPHY/PRESENTED BY THE CONGRESS/OF THE UNITED STATES/FOR EXCELLENCE IN TEAM MARKSMANSHIP" and "CLASS A/PRIZE/1911". The bar is hallmarked on the reverse, "B.B.&B./PHILA./BRONZE".
9. 1920 N.R.A. Grand Aggregate Match Medal - The bronze medal reads, "US 1920 NATIONAL RIFLE/ ASSOCIATION". Five bars are suspended on the ribbon. They include, "U.S. MARINE CORPS", "MEMBER'S", "PRESIDENT'S" and "WIMBLEDON", and a round bar that has "100" in the center.